Well done to Sarah Rainey from the Telegraph who was the clear winner in this week's Newsquiz with an impressive 16 out of 21. The top Mail trainee was Fiona Roberts with 14, the same score as Telegraph trainee Josie Ensor. It's the second consecutive week the Telegraph has pipped the Mail ... but the Mail will no doubt point to their victory in the White Horse quiz on Thursday. It wasn't just about quizzes this week. The Mail subs have been doing feature subbing with Brian Page and advance InDesign and Photoshop with Alison Trueman. The Telegraph's trainees have been honing their writing skills, working from the wire and learning video with Andrew Glover.
While I am handing out the bouquets, well done to Telegraph trainee Raf Sanchez who completed the Great North Run in 1 hour 49 minutes and 20 seconds. See how you do in the quiz; 16 to beat.
The Miliband brothers - see question 16
1. According to Business Secretary Vince Cable ............. and ............. "did more harm to the British economy than Bob Crow." Fill in the gaps (half point for each).
2. Liverpool FC suffered one of the worst defeats in their recent history on Wednesday by which League Two team?
3. Madonna launched her clothing line at Macy's in New York this week. What is the fashion range called?
4. At which court is the inquest into barrister Mark Saunders being held?
5. What date are the beleaguered Commonwealth Games due to begin?
6. What is the name of the magazine that David Beckham is suing over allegations that he slept with a prostitute?
7. Who is the Secretary of State for Culture, Olympics, Media and Sport?
8. Six men were arrested for setting light to the Koran in which Northern town?
9. What was the name of the woman executed in Virginia?
10. Which song and dance man is reuniting with Andrew Lloyd Webber to take the role of the wizard in the Wizard of Oz?
11. President Ahmadinejad of Iran caused a stir at The United Nations General Assembly this week. Which City is hosting the Assembly?
12. The mystery over which song by Kate Bush was supposedly solved after her first boyfriend put a love note from the singer up for sale?
13. Who, with a fortune of £4.4 billion, rose to 35th in the Forbes list of America's wealthiest people?
14. Steve Finn, Tim Bresnan and Chris Tremlett were on which list announced this week?
15. Who owns the Evening Standard?
16. Give the ages of both Miliband brothers. (full point for each)
17. The result of the Labour leadership vote be declared at the Labour party conference tomorrow (Sat). Where is the conference being held?
18. Who is Dave McCabe and why he is in the news.
19. The Chilean miners have now been underground for how many days?
20. The website Ask Jeeves compiled a list of the Top Ten most asked questions which it could not answer. What was the most asked 'unanswerable question?