|The 50th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster as reported by the Welsh papers (Question 6)|
2. Who suffered ‘a bit of a spanking' after tweeting about the 'hideously racist' and 'utterly heartless' treatment of refugees?
3. Valantis Barkas said: 'It is too easy to blame the dead. My father is dead and his name has been dragged through the mud. He was a beautiful man. He was well respected.’ What was his father accused of?
4. Who was accused of 'arguing like an accountant seeing the risk of everything rather than the opportunity.’?
5. Andy Murray closed in on the world number one position after winning titles, and not dropping a set in 20 matches, in which two cities? Half a point for each
6. Today (Friday) was the 50th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster when 116 children and 28 adults were killed when a waste tip slid on top of a school. Name the school.
7. What did Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson say was just a tool for his own thought process?
8. More than 25,000 forces, including Kurdish peshmerga, Sunni tribal fighters and Shia militias are taking part in an operation to reclaim which city?
9. The family of Ched Evans accused Gloria Hunniford of 'misrepresenting the evidence’ for remarks she made on which TV programme?
10. After 23 years on Coronation Street, actress Jean Alexander, who has died age 90, was watched by a record 27 million viewers as her character, Hilda Ogden, left to start a new life in Derbyshire. What was the year?
11. On quitting UKIP, MP Steven Woolfe said it had been suggested the party had a ‘____ _____ of their own making’. What are the two missing words?
12. Where will you find Jane Beedle, Candice Brown and Andrew Smyth next week?
13. The youngest couple ever to be convicted of murder in Britain killed a mother and her daughter at their home in which town?
14. Who became the new MP for Jo Cox’s old constituency, Batley and Spen?
15. London Mayor Sadiq Khan said: 'Now more than ever businesses need certainty and stability in order to make investment decisions and to keep jobs in Britain. Instead they are getting dither and delay.’ What was he talking about?
16. He made 504 appearances for Leeds United, 37 for Wales and the biography about him was called Careless Hands. Who is he?
17. Which magazine with 'no history of political endorsements’ threw its weight behind Hillary Clinton for president?
18. In the final presidential debate, Donald Trump referred to _____ hombres and a _____ woman. What are the two adjectives? Half point for each
19. How many MPs voted against stripping Phillip Green of his knighthood?
20. Which country executed a member of its own royal family after he was convicted of shooting a man dead?
21. Why was 21-year-old Jamal Mahmoud in the headlines?
22. Former football manager Harry Redknapp drove over his wife and broke her ankle. What is her name?
23. Two imposters dressed in Team GB tracksuits and wearing fake plastic medals gained access to an Olympic champions float at the Manchester ‘Heroes Parade’. They claimed to be medalists in which sport?.
24. Which actress gave a lecture at the Oxford Union about the damage pornography was doing to a new generation of sexual partners?
25. Kumbuka, the gorilla that escaped from its enclosure at London Zoo, drank five litres of what before being returned to his den?