|Actor Clive Mantle - question 7.|
Picture courtesy of PA
2. The High Court rejected an appeal by David Miranda that he was unlawfully held at Heathrow airport for 9 hours. Which newspaper was he working for at the time?
3. Kiev has been under siege. In which square did the main protests take place?
Bonus Why was opposition leader Vitali Klitschko famous before he became a politician?
4. Name either of the two train companies jointly voted the worst for passenger satisfaction.
5. According to the Daily Mail, police have opened an investigation into an organisation that existed in the 1970s called PIE. What did PIE stand for?
6. Who won the British Breakthrough Act at the Brits?
Bonus Who collected David Bowie’s award for British Male wearing an outfit originally worn on a Ziggy Stardust show in 1972?
7. Former Casualty actor Clive Mantle had part of his ear bitten off while staying at a Travelodge hotel in which city?
8. Why was Wojciech Szczesny in the sports headlines?
9. Simon Cowell became father to a baby boy … who is the baby named after?
Bonus Who is the baby’s mother?
10. Vet Scott Miller said that no dog, whatever their breed, is ever safe to be left with a child. How do you spell the word that ‘vet’ is short for?
11. Pensioner James Swinstead died on a cruise ship when storms hit the English Channel. Name the cruise ship.
12. The Justice Secretary said the decision by British judges that life sentences were not unlawful was 'timely and welcome’. Who is the Justice Secretary?
13. Inflation fell to its lowest level in four years last month. According to the National Office for Statistics what is the current rate of inflation?
14. The British curling men’s team won a silver medal in Sochi. Who is the team’s skip?
15. The singer Prince played two back-to-back concerts at which London venue?
16. Prince Charles took part in a sword dance to celebrate the Janadriyah Festival. In which city?
17. What did Facebook buy for £11.4 billion?
18. A High Court judge rejected an £85million damages claim against which chief executive?
19. What won the best film at this year’s Baftas?
20. Who did former PM Tony Blair tell to ’tough up' and 'take sleeping pills'?