Well done to Janet Boyle who scored 17 in last week's newsquiz, the top individual scorer, and to Team Beyeler who were the top team with an impressive 21. Other notable scores were the Penman Partnership on 17.5, Liz Gerard and other half with 15, Toby Brown with 15 and Damon Wake on 14. Here's this week's quiz. As usual there are 25 questions about the week. Give it a go and let me know how you get on.
|The Sun's take on the Tory Manifesto|
1. Theresa May, launching the Conservative election manifesto, said: 'There is no _____ there is only good solid Conservatism that puts the interests of working people at its heart’. What is the missing word?
2. The Conservative manifesto included a promise that anyone with assets of less than how much would not pay for social care in later life?
3. The manifesto said the Tories would increase overall spending on what by a minimum of £8 billion over the next five year?4. In an 11-point plan by the Conservatives how long will employees be allowed to take from their job to care for elderly relatives?
5. The Labour manifesto promised how many extra bank holidays per year?
6. On The Marr Show, Labour's Emily Thornberry revealed that defence secretary Michael Fallon was where on May 27, 2007?
7. Which American tweeted: 'U.K. You've got the guy. Register by May 22nd. Vote for Jeremy Corbyn...show us how it's done!#grime4corbyn’?
8. The Lib Dems said in their manifesto they would put how much on income tax in the next financial year to raise around £6 billion a year for the NHS, care services and public health?
9. Moors murderer Ian Brady died in a secure psychiatric unit in Merseyside, where he had been detained since 1985. What is it called?
10. What was the name of the moor where Ian Brady and Myra Hindley buried four of their victims?
11. Why was 26-year-old Richard Rojas in the headlines?
12. What was the name of the Windows ransomware which attacked computers in 150 countries?
13. The hackers who took control of computers in 150 countries demanded $300 (£230) payments to restore access. What currency did they want payment?
14. What is the name of the 22-year-old blogger who was credited with stopping the ransomware attack from spreading across the globe by triggering a 'kill switch’?
15. Antonio Conte won the title with Chelsea and then set his players a target of becoming the first team in Premier League history to reach how many wins by beating Sunderland on Sunday?
16. James Hewitt suffered a heart attack and stroke and was rushed to the Derriford Hospital in which city?
17. Which country won this year’s Eurovision?
18. Name the newly appointed Prime Minister of France.
19. Pippa Middleton will marry a millionaire hedge fund manager at a lavish ceremony on Saturday. What is his name?
20. Paul McCartney is to feature in which film?
21. The demolition of which London stadium, which opened in 1899, began this week?
22. Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell, who was found hanged this week, wrote and sang the theme song for which James Bond film?
23. Who was released from today ready to face a trial at Southwark Crown Court, charged with the indecent assault of three teenagers?
24. Who was awarded this year’s prestigious Bafta fellowship, saying it was the 'grandest and most unexpected prize I have ever had the joy of receiving.’
25. What did film producer Trevor Beattie buy for £4,200 at an auction and describe his purchase as 'like Charlie Chaplin's moustache or Muhammad Ali's boxing gloves’?