Last week’s individual top scorer was newsquiz veteran Lydia Willgress with 15 points. Chris Lennon and Alex Murphy were joint second with 13. The top collective score was 14 by my mates in the Plough on Friday night - well done Nicky, Les, Kevin and Amanda. The Batstones scored 11 but as Lucy was away, that should really count as 11 to Adam. Here’s this week’s quiz. As usual there are 25 points to be won. Let me know how you get on.
|The Guardian's front page on the Greek crisis (Question 19)|
2. Police are investigating reports that a gang dressed as waiters tried to snatch British children from a hotel at which Cyprus resort?
3. Labour's leadership hopefuls Andy Burnham, Yvette Cooper, Liz Kendall and Jeremy Corbyn went head to head in the first live television debate of the contest. Where was the debate held? Bonus: What did Burnham say was the 'biggest change' that the party needed to make?
4. Republican Jeb Bush announced he is standing as a candidate for the US Presidency. What relation is he to ex-president George W Bush?
5. Tigers, lions, bears, wolves and a hippopotamus were among the wild animals roaming which city after floods destroyed its zoo?
6. Wayne Rooney scored the winner against Slovenia in England’s 3-2 victory in the European Championships but who scored the other two English goals? Bonus: England have now played six games in their qualifying group. How many have they won?
7. Mel B and Louis Walsh are being replaced by which two new judges on the X Factor? Half a point for each.
8. Why was the Sussex v Surrey T20 cricket game at Arundel abandoned?
9. What happened to Stannis Baratheon, Queen Selyse and Jon Snow this week?
10. How many extra balls will be introduced to the National Lottery from October?
11. Which newspaper apologised for its story about a balcony collapse in California that left five Irish students dead?
12. What was the rate of inflation in the UK in May?
13. Researchers at Aberdeen University claimed that eating what every day lowered the risk of dying from heart disease by 25 per cent and suffering a stroke by 23 per cent?
14. Why was Alberto Salazar in the headlines?
15. How did Matthew Dick propose to his girlfriend?
16. Nine people were shot dead in a church in which city? Bonus: What was the name of the 21-year-old man arrested in connection with the shootings?
17. How were Jodie Kidd, Guy Martin, Suzie Perry, Philip Glenister and Demot O'Leary linked this week?
18. Why did Rachel Dolezal step down as head of a chapter of the African-American civil rights organisation NAACP?
19. Greece has less than two weeks to strike a deal with its creditors or face defaulting on its existing loan repayment to the IMF. How much is the debt?
20. The Foo Fighters cancelled their slot as the Friday headline act at this year’s Glastonbury after Dave Grohl fell of a stage in Sweden and broke his leg. Who has been booked to replace them?