|The Jo Cox murder trial reported by the Yorkshire Evening Press |
(Questions 3 and 4)
2. Andrew Marr defended an interview, broadcast on Remembrance Sunday, by saying: 'In the end we are a news programme and I don’t think that the best way to honour the fallen is to fail to report on the next big challenge to western security’? Which politician was he interviewing?
3. Why did Thomas Mair, charged with the murder of MP Jo Cox, not appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday?
4. Politicians and musicians are to record a charity single in memory of Jo Cox. Which song will they sing?
5. Donald Trump’s newly-appointed strategy director Stephen Bannon is executive chairman of which controversial website?
6. Who said: 'All I wanted to do was curl up with a good book and our dogs and never leave the house again’?
7. What was named international word of the year by Oxford Dictionaries?
8. What is the name of the tram driver arrested on suspicion of manslaughter following the deaths of seven people in Croydon?
9. A 14-year-old girl, who has been allowed by the High Court to have her body cryogenically frozen, was only referred to by which initials?
10. Destiny Church leader Bishop Brian Tamaki blamed what event on gays, sinners and murderers?
11. Lewis Hamilton won the Brazilian Grand Prix to ensure the F1 Championship will be decided on the last race of the season. In which city will it be held?
12. Coronation Street denied that Eileen Derbyshire has left the soap for good. Which character does she play?
13. England captain Wayne Rooney was filmed apparently drunk and playing piano after gatecrashing a wedding party at the Grove Hotel in which town?
14. Why was Suzie McCash in the headlines?
15. Tuesday's supermoon was the biggest since which year?
16. Hundreds of people joined a dying whippet on its final walk on a beach in Newquay, Cornwall. What was the dog’s name?
17. BBC Western House in London, home to Radio 2, has been given a new name. What is it?
18. Last year more than 61,000 people in England and Wales - 11.6 per cent of all recorded deaths - died of what?
19. The server of which organisation crashed after a test email was accidentally sent to all of its employees?
20. Former South Yorkshire Police chief inspector Norman Bettison defended his controversial book published this week. What is it called?
21. Who signed a three-year 'golden handcuffs’ deal thought to be worth £30million?
22. Why were grandmothers Jenny Hockey and Freda Brayshaw arrested and then released without charge?
23. Who will not be going to Sweden next month because 'other commitments make it unfortunately impossible’?
24. A film about magizoologist Newt Scamander premiered in Leicester Square. What is it called?25. Who paid $4.8million (£3.9million) for the dress that was worn by Marilyn Monroe when she sang Happy Birthday Mr President to John F Kennedy?