There are 20 questions and five bonuses ... so 25 points in all. See if you can do better than Lydia’s 20.
|Big liner visits Southampton (see Question 19)|
Picture courtesy of the Press Association
1. America’s war on ISIS has been named Operation _______ _______ . Fill in the blanks.
2. Who said this week: ”You go back, you go back, you go back, you go back, you go back, you go over, you go over. What could you have done? You do as much as you can.”?
3. Judy Finnigan has claimed that footballer Ched Evans’s rape victim ‘had far too much to drink’. Which team does Evans play for?
Bonus: On which TV programme was Finnigan appearing when she made the remarks?
4. The UK inflation rate for September was announced this week. What was it?
5. McDonald’s went to great lengths to assure customers it does not use what in its burgers?
6. George and Amal Clooney are reported to have bought a house in which English county?
Bonus: Mrs Clooney is trying to get the Elgin Marbles returned to Greece. Where are the Marbles now?
7. Who said: “I have a number of mentally damaged individuals, who to be quite frank aren’t worth the minimum wage, but want to work."?
8. Australian Richard Flanagan won the 2014 Man Booker prize for literature. What was his book called?
Bonus: Who were allowed to enter the contest for the first time this year?
9. Why was Daniela Liverani in the headlines?
10. Seventy-seven-year-old paedophile Roderick MacDonald is to be questioned over links to Madeleine McCann. Where was he arrested?
11. Chiles Cartwright was sacked from what?
12. Which two companies are paying women employees to freeze their eggs so they can work longer? (Half point for each)
13. England’s chief medical officer has called for smoking in parks to be outlawed. Name her.
14. Which teams were playing in the international football match abandoned after a drone flew over the stadium? (Half point for each)
Bonus: What was the score when the game was abandoned?
15. Which honour did the Queen bestow on Angelina Jolie for her campaign work fighting sexual violence and for services to UK foreign policy?
16. An official overseeing a nurse with Ebola on to a plane from Dallas to Atlanta without the protection of a hazmat suit has been nicknamed what by social media and newspapers?
Bonus: Name the nurse.
17. Who revealed that they knew that, in EastEnders, Ben Mitchell had been played by five different actors while Martin Fowler had been portrayed by three?
18. A cliff near which town has apparently developed a human face?
19. One of the world’s largest liners docked at Southampton this week on its way to Florida. What is it called?
20. Mark Reckless will be attempting to be UKIP’s second MP when he stands in a by-election next month in which constituency? Full name please.